Sunday, March 4, 2012

Encourage me, and I will NOT forget you...

Consider this:

FLATTER me, and I may not BELIEVE You.
CRITICIZE me, and I may not LIKE You.
IGNORE me, and I may not FORGIVE you.
ENCOURAGE me, and I will not FORGET You.


I came across this quote the other day and it really made me stop and think.  Ironically, I had a conversation the following day with a friend who truly encouraged me to think and act much "bigger" in terms of expanding my zumba® career...  Her words helped me to see myself in a different light!  It felt awesome and really motivated me to push myself outside of my own comfort zone to work on that goal!

I'm truly blessed to have a friend who sees potential in me that I don't... and could tell me in a way that was kind and empowering.

Criticism rarely feels good to anyone yet there is some inane justification in some people's minds that criticism is a huge motivator - and yes, I am guilty of that at times.  I was in a marriage in which I was harshly criticized for years.  This wore away at my self-esteem and reinforced to me that I am not good enough.  I've worked really hard to shed that "baggage", and I've made a lot of progress but still have a ways to go...   We also often live out our own negativity and challenges through others rather than taking on the responsibility ourselves to take charge of our own lives and reach for our own dreams.

No one is perfect and this life is to learn lessons and pass our gifts and talents on to others. 

My friend's words to me were kind and not critical which was amazingly motivating!  Don't be your own worst critic and the next time you are being hard on someone else or yourself, think about the positive of whatever situation you or they are in, give that person or yourself a pat on the back for the positives (even if they are little) and forgive yourself for the negatives as we are all human and will make mistakes which usually brings us to a better place in our lives!  Always remember, that you are enough!!

Just came across this and love it!!  Enjoy!

Do the things you used to talk about doing but never did.  Know when to let go and when to hold on tight.  Stop rushing.  Don't be intimidated to say it like it is.  Stop apologizing all the time.  Learn to say no so your yes has some oomph.  Spend time with friends who lift you up, and cut loose the ones that bring you down.  Stop giving your power away.  Be more concerned with being interested than being interesting.  Be old enough to appreciate your freedom, and young enough to enjoy it.  Finally know who you are.    ~ Kristin Armstrong

Stay positive...
Stay true to you...
Sue

2 comments:

  1. I love this and I love you! You have come so far and you amazed me yesterday. It wasn't about your moves, it was your confidence, your attitude, the flair you had when teaching. I loved it and am so glad we are on this journey together. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KT... you are the BEST. You inspire ME!! We are 2 hot zumba mamis!! lol

    ReplyDelete