Thursday, December 29, 2011

The opposite of fear is...

Most people would answer this by saying... "courage".  This is true to some degree.  Over the past year, I've learned that there is a far more empowering opposition to fear and that is... confidence!!

I have a wall hanging in my living room that says...
     Confidence - What could you achieve in life if you decided to become totally and blissfully impervious to hostile criticism and rejection?  This includes hostile criticism and rejection towards ones self!

I've learned to embrace this saying and whenever faced with the emotion of fear, rather than muster up courage (which just sounds like so much effort/energy)... I say positive affirmations that exude my confidence.  I state what I am... as an example, I am a zumba instructor and being a bit older, I often feel that I cannot bring the same energy / intensity to my students as some other instructors (which is a totally self-defeating thought).  Whenever I have those thoughts now, I say to myself, "I am an excellent zumba instructor and bring my skills and talents to zumba which energizes and inspires my students".   This makes me feel far more empowered and positive then if I were to think, "I have to be courageous and face my fear of failing as a zumba instructor".    Can you feel what a different energy each statement creates?   And this positive energy goes out into the universe and will bring you the things you want/desire!!   I promise.  Try it.

So whatever fears you may have about reaching a goal, think of confidence and what that looks like and feels like for you... and then release it out to the universe and watch what happens!!!

Stay positive...

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment