Saturday, December 24, 2011

When you change the way you look at things... things change... ~Wayne Dyer

Again, your state of mind when you set out to reach a goal or make a change, is critical to your being successful!  Yes, I have said this over and over again.  Remember, repetition creates mastery!

The bigger challenge to change is that preconceived notion we have in our brain of how it is going to turn out.  When you open yourself up to other ways to look at situations, you become aligned with universal vibrations that will allow for seemingly impossible situations to work out in ways you never imagined!!  This is the foundation of postive/desired change in your life.

Consider this:  We all know how "bad" the economy is and has been for quite some time.  Most of our lives have been turned upside down in ways that we never even imagined due to change in the basic structure of our economy.  I've felt that way, but then forced myself to try to see it differently and focus on the positive side of it - which was hard to find at first. 

In my opinion our society has become way to focused on money and obtaining "things" over the past few decades.  We measure ourselves by the house we own, the car we drive, and owning the newest technology/gadgets.   We've somewhat lost focus on truly connecting with people and getting to know them on a deeper level and having meaningful relationships.  Not only is this my opinion but I see it every day in my job as a therapist.  Truly connecting with others is a dying art. 

So, I now see this seemingly horrible economic downturn as a positive.  It has shifted our focus away from things and more on people... because when the "things" start to disappear, we are forced to value people more. People have learned to enjoy the simple things in life and do without all of the excess.

Once I embraced this idea, my stress over money, paying bills, etc. started to disappear.  Ironically, my income has actually improved dramatically since I made this shift.  Why?  Because the positive vibrational energy put out to the universe by my thoughts created and allowed changes in my life to bring into it the things I desired... plus, I lost my personal attachments to and negative thinking about money!

As 2012 approaches, I'm sure you are contemplating those New Year's Resolutions of which weight loss/getting fit are at the top of most people's resolution list.  Whatever your resolution, what thoughts/sensations in your body come up when you think about that resolution?   Are you instantly frustrated/discouraged?  Can you only focus on how hard it will be or how you've tried in the past and could not stick to that resolution?  If so, guess what?  The universe is listening and will deliver to you only what you are expecting.   So try to shift that mindset.  It worked for me, I asked for a fitness program that allowed me to have fun and not feel contstantly deprived of my favorite foods.... the universe brought zumba to me.  It will be 2 years at the beginning of January that I tried my 1st class.  I am down 3 sizes (don't know how much weight I've lost because I no longer get on the scale), in the best shape of my life, and am now a certified zumba instructor!

As the title of this post states:  When you change the way you look at things... things change... ~Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer is one of my favorite inspirational/motivational speakers.  I highly recommend his books/audio programs!!

Stay positive!

Sue

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog and I have to say that most of it resonates with me. Here is my thing, what if you have a positive way of thinking, do all the right things, you keep all the right vibration intention yet nothing seems to work. What then? I find myself asking this more and more each day waiting for something to make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent question, Wolf! I recently had this happen to me with a position I applied for within the agency where I work. I did not get the position and was pretty upset for a couple of hours about it.

    I did all kinds of positive affirmations while I was in the application/interviewing process. And my affirmation is, "everything works out in my favor". Even though I REALLY wanted this position and have had a similar position in the past that I absolutely loved, I realized after not getting the position, that that career was not truly my passion. And I've also learned to trust in the process and that "not" getting that position somehow worked out in my favor. Ironically, it is a few weeks later and I have a potential opportunity for a position that pays me way more than I am making in my current position and I would actually be working less hours!!! It's difficult but ya gotta trust that when it doesn't work out the way you expect, that there is something better on its way.

    Also, I've learned that positive affirmations cannot be built around something to force it to happen. Again, it requieres a huge leap of faith in that some of the best prayers are the unanswered ones.

    When I've combined positive affirmations with releasing and mirror work... it brings the things we desire to us MUCH faster!!

    If you are not familiar with releasing and mirror work, would love to chat with you about it some time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reread your comment and I humbly ask..."who says things are supposed to make sense?" :-)

    ReplyDelete